28 September 2005

when talking down a criminal, try illicit drugs to gain his or her trust

that woman who caught that dude who shot up the courthouse in the ATL apparently calmed him down by reading some self-help book. it turns out, she had a little extra help from...methamphetamines!

But in a memoir released yesterday, Ms. Smith also recounts that she gave the kidnapper some of her supply of crystal methamphetamine during her captivity and that she did not tell the police for some time afterward.

apparently he asked her for pot, She answered no but said she did have some "ice," or crystal meth.

Ms. Smith says that at the time, she was fighting an addiction to crystal methamphetamine that had previously led her to spend time in a psychiatric hospital and to lose custody of her 5-year-old daughter.

"Suddenly, looking down at my drug pouch," she says, "I realized that I would rather have died in my apartment than have done those drugs with Brian Nichols. If the cops were going to bust in here and find me dead, they were not going to find drugs in me when they did the autopsy. I was not going to die tonight and stand before God, having done a bunch of ice up my nose."

drug pouch. ha.

The book's drug revelations were first reported yesterday by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

go ajc!!! the only newspaper in atlanta, it's OK though, because it's at a third grade reading level.

No comments: